I am an experienced (15+ years) web developer making a living working an instance of the Mediawiki software for Vistaprint Inc. in Lexington. I'm relatively knowledgable about the software and am glad to answer any questions you have — you can email me or leave a message on my talk page.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IRC: daniel_renfro
I am currently employed by Vistaprint as a senior software engineer. I am working on VistaWiki: the internal-documentation system. You can read more about it here:
- VistaWiki – Example of Enterprise 2.0 Knowledge Sharing
- Another Enterprise 2.0 Knowledge Sharing Success Story - VistaWiki
- Case Study on Enterprise 2.0
Formerly (12/1006 - 12/2011) the premier developer for EcoliWiki at Texas A&M University, I was actively involved in the following research/projects: I was actively involoved in the following research/projects:
- EcoliWiki - the go-to source for all things Escherichia coli
- SubtilisWiki - the wiki for Bacillus subtilis
- GONUTS - a wiki for the Gene Ontology, including user-contributed documentation and annotations
- PortEco - a next-generation resource for knowledge and data about the biology of Escherichia coli K-12 group strains
- the Gene Ontology
- Inernational Society of Biocuration
I had the great oppurtunity to work on projects that both expanded my biological knowledge and challenged my technical thinking. Out of this came a number of publications:
- EcoliWiki: a wiki-based community resource for Escherichia coli - Nucl. Acids Res. (2012) 40 (D1): D1270-D1277.
- GONUTS: the Gene Ontology Normal Usage Tracking System - Nucl. Acids Res. (2012) 40 (D1): D1262-D1269.
- The Gene Ontology in 2010: extensions and refinements. - Nucl. Acids Res. (2010) 38 (suppl 1): D331-D335.
- The Gene Ontology: enhancements for 2011 - Nucl. Acids Res. (2012) 40 (D1): D559-D564.
- MetaBase—the wiki-database of biological databases - Nucl. Acids Res. (2012) 40 (D1): D1250-D1254.
just for fun...
The snowman with Brenley & Nathan for scale.
- Daniel Renfro