pagelist.php allows you to query EcoliWiki for lists of pages matching a pattern or that are in a category. Example:
parameters recognized by pagelist.php
- like: a search string with mySQL wildcards allowed. For example, to find
- cat: name of a category where you want to find members
- catdesc: if a category is set, show all the descendants. Use false to see only direct descendants. Defaults to true
- style: default is to show links. Use short to just see the names
- output: default is to display in the browser. Use file to download the results as a text file
Other kinds of queries can be done using the standard Mediawiki API.
- find pages that start with "lac"
returns many pages, including all the individual pages for each lac gene and pages about the lac promoter and various lac deletions.
- find pages for lac genes
- find all pages in any E. coli gene list
This query is based on the Category:E. coli genomes. It finds all the child pages and descendants of those pages. The results include gene pages and other pages, including subcategory pages.
- view just the direct descendants of Category:Gene_Lists
The lists you get are limited by the quality of what we have in the wiki. Known issues:
- Gene lists need updating
- Some category tags are on inappropriate pages
Please let us know if you find problems please let us know by emailing us at . If you think you can fix the wiki content, please go ahead and do it (it's a wiki and others can undo anything bad. You will need to be a registered user to edit).