|Name (Last, First)||
Texas A&M University, EcoliWiki
2128 TAMU College Station, TX 77843-2128
protein interactions, genomics, databases
Jim Hu is in the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics at Texas A&M University.
Nature microbiology news feed
As a faculty member in Biochemistry and Biophysics at Texas A&M, I currently teach Genomics and Functional Annotation with Gene Ontology through the Community Assessment of Community Annotation with Ontologies CACAO project.
Previously, I have taught molecular genetics at both the graduate and undergraduate levels. As part of my graduate teaching I created a set of handouts that I fantasize will someday become a book. In the meantime, they are still used at Texas A&M and I am making them available here. See: Category:TAMU BICH-GENE 631 Handouts
Recent papers to annotate
- PMID:19766568 
- PMID:18824089. Uses Keio mutants to screen for MMS sensitivity phenotypes.
See Help:References for how to manage references in EcoliWiki.
- Inoue, T et al. (2007) Genome-wide screening of genes required for swarming motility in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 189 950-7 PubMed
- Wong, JV et al. (2008) A whole more than the sum of its synthetic parts. ACS Chem. Biol. 3 27-9 PubMed
- Kadokura, H & Beckwith, J (2009) Detecting folding intermediates of a protein as it passes through the bacterial translocation channel. Cell 138 1164-73 PubMed
- Zhou, Y et al. (2009) Residues gating the periplasmic pathway of LacY. J. Mol. Biol. 394 219-25 PubMed
- Moen, B et al. (2009) Global responses of Escherichia coli to adverse conditions determined by microarrays and FT-IR spectroscopy. Can. J. Microbiol. 55 714-28 PubMed
- Valencia-Burton, M et al. (2009) Spatiotemporal patterns and transcription kinetics of induced RNA in single bacterial cells. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 106 16399-404 PubMed
- Handford, JI et al. (2009) Conserved network of proteins essential for bacterial viability. J. Bacteriol. 191 4732-49 PubMed
- Tokuriki, N & Tawfik, DS (2009) Chaperonin overexpression promotes genetic variation and enzyme evolution. Nature 459 668-73 PubMed
- Rooney, JP et al. (2009) Systems based mapping demonstrates that recovery from alkylation damage requires DNA repair, RNA processing, and translation associated networks. Genomics 93 42-51 PubMed