Category:Complex:SbcCD ATP-dependent dsDNA exonuclease
Description (originally from EcoCyc) SbcCD ATP-dependent dsDNA exonuclease
Comments (originally from EcoCyc) sbcCD encodes a nuclease with ATP-dependent double strand DNA exonuclease activity as well as ATP-independent single-strand DNA endonuclease activity .
- EcoCyc (release 11.1; 2007) Keseler, IM et al. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res. 33(Database issue):D334-7
- Connelly, JC & Leach, DR (1996) The sbcC and sbcD genes of Escherichia coli encode a nuclease involved in palindrome inviability and genetic recombination. Genes Cells 1 285-91 PubMed
- Leach, DR (1994) Long DNA palindromes, cruciform structures, genetic instability and secondary structure repair. Bioessays 16 893-900 PubMed
- Connelly, JC et al. (1998) The SbcCD nuclease of Escherichia coli is a structural maintenance of chromosomes (SMC) family protein that cleaves hairpin DNA. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 95 7969-74 PubMed
- Connelly, JC et al. (1999) DNA cleavage and degradation by the SbcCD protein complex from Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 27 1039-46 PubMed
- Connelly, JC et al. (2003) Nucleolytic processing of a protein-bound DNA end by the E. coli SbcCD (MR) complex. DNA Repair (Amst.) 2 795-807 PubMed
- Connelly, JC et al. (1997) Overexpression, purification, and characterization of the SbcCD protein from Escherichia coli. J. Biol. Chem. 272 19819-26 PubMed
- Lloyd, RG & Buckman, C (1985) Identification and genetic analysis of sbcC mutations in commonly used recBC sbcB strains of Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 164 836-44 PubMed
- Gibson, FP et al. (1992) Identification of sbcD mutations as cosuppressors of recBC that allow propagation of DNA palindromes in Escherichia coli K-12. J. Bacteriol. 174 1222-8 PubMed
This category currently contains no pages or media.