Comments (originally from EcoCyc) β-galacotsidase is a metalloenzyme exhibiting broad substrate specificity. The specificity of the enzyme is confined to the sugar moiety and the anomeric character of the linkage but not to a particular aglycon. 
- EcoCyc (release 10.6; 2007) Keseler, IM et al. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res. 33(Database issue):D334-7
- EcoCyc (release 11.1; 2007) Keseler, IM et al. (2005) Nucleic Acids Res. 33(Database issue):D334-7
- Sinnott, ML (1978) Ions, ion-pairs and catalysis by the lacZ beta-galactosidase of Escherichia coli. FEBS Lett. 94 1-9 PubMed
- Jacobson, RH et al. (1994) Three-dimensional structure of beta-galactosidase from E. coli. Nature 369 761-6 PubMed
- Matthews, BW (2005) The structure of E. coli beta-galactosidase. C. R. Biol. 328 549-56 PubMed
This category has only the following subcategory.